CalSol’s First General Meeting!

Last Wednesday, September 5th, CalSol had its first general meeting of the semester. After two weeks of recruiting, including displaying Impulse at Engineering Student Orientation, we expected a large crowd of interested newcomers to attend this first meeting and learn what CalSol is all about. However, I think the number of people who showed up even exceeded our expectations — by our count we had 131 people present!

It was great to feel the excitement in the air as interested students settled down into their seats to hear about CalSol’s past, present and future, including our plans of racing in ASC 2014 with a brand new vehicle that they will get to help design and build. Speaking with people afterwards and seeing their interest in the team brought back memories of my first CalSol general meeting two years ago, which I left wide-eyed from excitement, knowing that I had joined a club full of opportunity for hands-on projects and new friendships.

I know I’m not the only one when I say that I’m excited about the potential of this new group of students, and am looking forward to what the fresh blood in CalSol will bring for the team!