Greetings! We took a hiatus from blogging over the summer, but CalSol has been working hard over the last year to prepare for the American Solar Challenge 2014. As you will find out from our every-two-week posts, the team has acquired multitude of projects and talented members over the last few months who continue to turn Zephyr from a concept to reality.
In particular, the team was excited to find new details of the ASC 2014: it will start in Austin, Texas and end in St. Paul, Minnesota!
Exact locations of stage/checkpoints are still being finalized, but what we know for now:
- Mon, July 21 (2014): Start in Austin, TX with a checkpoint in (TBD), TX
- Tue, July 22: Arrive at stage stop in Norman, OK
- Wed, July 23: Depart Norman, OK with a checkpoint in Wichita, KS
- Thu, July 24: Arrive at stage stop in Overland Park, KS
- Fri, July 25: Depart Overland Park, KS and arrive at stage stop in Omaha, NE
- Sat, July 26: Depart Omaha, NE with a checkpoint in Ames, IA
- Sun, July 27: Arrive at stage stop in La Crosse, WI
- Mon, July 28: Finish in St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN
What we think the route might be:
We are pretty stoked about this northbound driving across the central U.S! More updates to come from our other leads later.
Team Lead, CalSol← Back to Blog