RICHMOND FIELD STATION
View CalSol in a larger map
Worksessions at the Richmond Field Station
Our laboratory is located in Bldg. 460 at the Richmond Field Station. If you are coming in the main gate, follow the main road as it curves around to the left. After making the turn, go a few hundred feet and then off to your right in the middle of a big field is a little green and grey garage, otherwise known as Bldg. 460. You can take one of the two dirt/gravel tracks leading out to the building.
If you are coming on a weeknight after 6pm or a weekend then the main gate is locked. Contact one of the people at the station (check the calendar) and they'll arrange to meet you and then enter through the cardkey access gate which is a few hundred yards to the left of the main gate.
How to get to the Site from campus?
Driving to the Site
Click on the route on the Google Map above to see how we get to the RFS from campus.
Shuttle Bus from Campus
There is a shuttle bus that goes from campus to the RFS hourly. It runs from about 8-5pm (you should check the shuttle schedules before getting stranded), departs from the north side of the Hearst Mining Circle, and stops at many locations along the route and within the RFS.
Bicycling to the Site
If all other means of transportation fail, or you're just a healthy and environmentally conscious person, it's a nice 20-30 minute bike ride to the RFS from campus.Here's an easy route (the variations are endless):
- Take Shattuck or MLK north to Solano Ave
- Turn left on Solano and go down until you reach the bart tracks
- Turn right on the bike trail and go up to Central Ave (~2 mi.)
- Turn left on central and go to Carlson which is just on the other side of San Pablo
- Turn right on Carlson and keep on pedaling
- You'll eventually pass under Interstate 80 and then come to Bayview where you turn left to cross over Interstate 580
- Keep biking along the road until you reach the sign that says University of California Richmond Field Station
- Turn left then right and you'll be at the main gate where you can follow the above directions